Yankee Baseball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yankee Baseball

For all Yankee fans and baseball fans!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I always wondered where God was from....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bluejays2007
The Bat Boy - Jesse Litsch
The Bat Boy - Jesse Litsch
bluejays2007

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-10-19

I always wondered where God was from.... Empty
PostSubject: I always wondered where God was from....   I always wondered where God was from.... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct - 9:31

There once was an American who decided to write a book about famous church's around the world. For his first chapter he decided to write about Canadian church's. So he bought a plane ticket and
took a trip to Vancouver, thinking that he would work his way across the country from west to east. One his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone
mounted on the wall with a sign that read, $10,000 per call. The American, being intrigued asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God. The American thanked the priest and went along his way. The American's next stop was in Edmonton. There while at a very large cathedral he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Vancouver and he asked a nearby sister what it's purpose was. The sister told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God. "O.K., thank you" said the American. The American traveled on to Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax and at every church he stopped at he saw the same golden telphone with the same "$10,000 per call" sign under it, and every time the American asked a member of the church what the phone was for he got the same awnser, "it's a direct line to heaven and for $10,000 you can talk to God." Finally the American arrived in St. John's, again he saw the same golden telephone but this time the sign under it read "$.10 per call." The American was intrigued and he told the church's minister, "Father, I have traveled all over Canada and I
have seen this same golden telephone in many church's. I have found out that it is a direct line to heaven, but in all the other provinces the cost to call heaven was $10,000. Why is it so cheap here?" The minister smiled and awnsered, "You in Newfoundland now son, it's a local call."
Back to top Go down
Patsox
Yogurt <<<<< Yougurt
Yogurt

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-10-19

I always wondered where God was from.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I always wondered where God was from....   I always wondered where God was from.... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct - 9:41

LOL
Back to top Go down

I always wondered where God was from....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yankee Baseball :: Other :: Jokes-
Jump to: