Yankee Baseball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yankee Baseball

For all Yankee fans and baseball fans!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You Know You're From Newfoundland When

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Patsox
Yogurt <<<<< Yougurt
Yogurt

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-10-19

You Know You're From Newfoundland When Empty
PostSubject: You Know You're From Newfoundland When   You Know You're From Newfoundland When Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct - 15:09

-"You know that Eh is a question, not a statement."

- You only know four spices - salt, pepper, ketchup and savory!

- You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

- The mosquitoes have landing lights.

- You have more miles on your snowblower than your car.

- You have 10 favourite recipes for bottled moose.

- Canadian Tire on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas.

- You live in a house that has no front step, yet the door is one meter above the ground.

- You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard.

- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow.

- You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.

- You owe more money on your snowmobile than your car.

- The local paper covers national and international headlines on 1/4 page, but requires 6 pages for local softball scores.

- At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.

- The most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun.

- Your snowblower gets stuck on the roof.

- You have been asked what life in an igloo is like

- You think the start of salmon fishing season is a national holiday.

- You frequently clean grease off your barbeque so the bears won't prowl on your deck.

- You know which leaves make good toilet paper.

- You find -40C a little nippy.

- The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freeze.

- You can play road hockey on skates.

- You know 4 seasons - Winter, Still Winter, almost Winter and Construction.

- The municipality buys a Zamboni before a bus.

- It snows 10 inches and you don't expect school to be cancelled.

- You eat ice cream in the winter.

- You wake up to a beautiful, sunny day and wonder if it will rain or snow before nightfall

- Seeing the word "Dildo" on a highway sign doesn't make you giggle and blush.

-You know how to answer when somebody asks: "Whaddyat?"

- You know that the show you're watching is about to come back on because a music video is playing, and the letters N-T-V are on the screen

- You know who Snook is, and have probably met someone just like him.

- At least once, you have endured the ferry ride from Port-aux-Basques to North Sydney by staying in the bar as long as possible, but then wish you had made more of an effort to find a comfortable chair to sleep in.

- You know that Here and Now is not just where you are at this moment.

- Most parties you attend are either held in the kitchen or eventually end up there.

- You don't think that those "poor souls" setting up their campers in gravel pits are homeless.

- You're not offended by the term, "homo milk."

- You understand the phrase, "Could you pass me a hankie? I just dropped my poutine on the chesterfield."

- You know what a Mickey and 2-4 mean.

- You drive on a highway, not a freeway.

- You get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.

- You brag to Americans that: Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion and many more are Canadians.

- "Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary and more polite than, "Huh?"( again seriously dont even comment on the eh on the wall because alot of people DOOOO say it and they are NFLD'rs k?)

- There is an Chinese Food Restaurant, Italian food Restaurant, Japanese Food Restaurant, Mexican Food Restaurant, American food Restaurant and Indian Food Restaurant, but NO Canadian food ones

- Everything is labeled in English and French.

- You understand the Labatts Blue commercials.

- There are handicap parking places in front of the skating rinks.

- Banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

- You use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so you don't miss a call from someone you didn't want to talk to in the first place.

- You buy hot dogs in packages of twelve and buns in packages of eight.

- You've visted somewhere else in Canada and people stop you to say "hey, i know Paul, you know him?" as if theres only one.

- You've lost something in your yard and then found it when the snow melted

- A co-worker sends an email explaining that he will be late due to the moose in his yard

- You stand in "line-ups" at the movie, not lines.

-You can drink legally while still a 'teen.

- You talk about the weather with strangers and friends alike.

- You know what Molson's Canadian 'The Rant' is and actually thought it was somewhat true.

- You cried when Gus "drowned" on Road To Avonlea.

- You remember when Alanis Morrissette was "Too Hot To Hold".

- You can sing "O' Canada" in French and actually know what the words mean.

- You know the French equivalents of "free", "prize" and "no sugar added", thanks to your extensive education in bilingual cereal packaging.

- You can do the hand actions to Sharon, Lois and Bram's "Skin-a-marinki-dinki-do".

- You had a crush on Joey Jeremiah from Degrassi Junior High.

- You know that a "Premier" isn't a baby born a few months early.

- You know what a poutine is and how to make it.

- You season your food with beer instead of wine most of the time.

- You carry empty beer cans from your camping trips home with you in your backpack so you can recycle them when you reach civilization.

- Someone accidently stepped on your foot. You apologized.

- You can complete the phrase: "The good old ____ game is the best ____ you can ____."

- You cried when you heard that "Mr Dress Up" died

- You know that when it's 30 degrees outside, it's a very warm day.

- You know its really called a bathroom not a lavatory or powder room or restroom.

- You have memorized the Heritage Foundation's Heritage Moments, including your favourites, "Burnt Toast!", and "Kanata".

- You've ever said, 'I need more flannel clothing.'

- You cheered for the worst person on Canadian Idol, just because they were from Newfoundland

- If you go to tourist shops in your own province to proudly purchase and wear souvinairs without thinking twice about the fact that your not a tourist.

- If you have a print of St. John's harbour in your house/have considered getting one.

- you go to the 'store' to get your bike and then ride it to the shop to get a bag of chips.

- you go out on the 'bridge' and you never leave your own property

- You know you're from Newfoundland when every time you say other it comes out as "utter" and when you say i'll make a "dart" over

- everytime you meet a mainlander you want to screech them in!

- you see more of you're "friends from home" in Alberta than you do when you are actually home

- You know that "squish" doesn't necessarily mean "to squeeze". It could just mean "not straight".
Back to top Go down
Patsox
Yogurt <<<<< Yougurt
Yogurt

Male

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're From Newfoundland When   You Know You're From Newfoundland When Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct - 15:12

Bahahaha, I love that, almost everything on it is true.....
Back to top Go down
bluejays2007
The Bat Boy - Jesse Litsch
bluejays2007

Male
Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're From Newfoundland When   You Know You're From Newfoundland When Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct - 15:15

lol......they'er true for me too.
Back to top Go down
Patsox
Yogurt <<<<< Yougurt
Yogurt

Male

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're From Newfoundland When   You Know You're From Newfoundland When Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct - 15:17

What about this one?

"everytime you meet a mainlander you want to screech them in"
Back to top Go down
bluejays2007
bluejays2007

Male

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're From Newfoundland When   You Know You're From Newfoundland When Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct - 15:24

Patsox wrote:
What about this one?

"everytime you meet a mainlander you want to screech them in"

over here, everyones a main lander though, cept calgarians. everybody hates calgariens in alberta, except the other calgariens.
Back to top Go down
Patsox
Yogurt <<<<< Yougurt
Yogurt

Male

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're From Newfoundland When   You Know You're From Newfoundland When Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct - 15:31

Ones that apply to me:

-"You know that Eh is a question, not a statement."

- You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. I used to

- Canadian Tire on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas. (oh hell yeah)

- You live in a house that has no front step, yet the door is one meter above the ground. I used to

- You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard. I've been trick-or-treating in a blizzard more than once

- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow.

- The local paper covers national and international headlines on 1/4 page, but requires 6 pages for local softball scores.

- Your snowblower gets stuck on the roof. - happened to my uncle

- You have been asked what life in an igloo is like - a few times.... I've been asked what it's like to live with polar bears too

- You frequently clean grease off your barbeque so the bears won't prowl on your deck. WTF? I've never even seen a bear

- You know which leaves make good toilet paper.

- You find -40C a little nippy.

- You can play road hockey on skates.

- You know 4 seasons - Winter, Still Winter, almost Winter and Construction.

- The municipality buys a Zamboni before a bus.

- It snows 10 inches and you don't expect school to be cancelled. - so true

- You eat ice cream in the winter. - all the time

- You wake up to a beautiful, sunny day and wonder if it will rain or snow before nightfall - every day

- Seeing the word "Dildo" on a highway sign doesn't make you giggle and blush. - Nope...

-You know how to answer when somebody asks: "Whaddyat?" - Hell yeah!

- You know that the show you're watching is about to come back on because a music video is playing, and the letters N-T-V are on the screen

- You know who Snook is, and have probably met someone just like him. - I HATE snook...

- At least once, you have endured the ferry ride from Port-aux-Basques to North Sydney by staying in the bar as long as possible, but then wish you had made more of an effort to find a comfortable chair to sleep in.

- You know that Here and Now is not just where you are at this moment.

- Most parties you attend are either held in the kitchen or eventually end up there.

- You don't think that those "poor souls" setting up their campers in gravel pits are homeless.

- You're not offended by the term, "homo milk."

- You understand the phrase, "Could you pass me a hankie? I just dropped my poutine on the chesterfield." - bahaha, yes

- You know what a Mickey and 2-4 mean.

- You drive on a highway, not a freeway.

- You get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.

- You brag to Americans that: Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion and many more are Canadians.

- "Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary and more polite than, "Huh?"

- There is an Chinese Food Restaurant, Italian food Restaurant, Japanese Food Restaurant, Mexican Food Restaurant, American food Restaurant and Indian Food Restaurant, but NO Canadian food ones

- Everything is labeled in English and French.

- You understand the Labatts Blue commercials.

- There are handicap parking places in front of the skating rinks.

- Banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

- You use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so you don't miss a call from someone you didn't want to talk to in the first place.

- You buy hot dogs in packages of twelve and buns in packages of eight.

- You've visted somewhere else in Canada and people stop you to say "hey, i know Paul, you know him?" as if theres only one. - more than once

- You've lost something in your yard and then found it when the snow melted - HAHAHAH! My Red Sox bracelet

- A co-worker sends an email explaining that he will be late due to the moose in his yard - happened to my big brother

- You stand in "line-ups" at the movie, not lines.

-You can drink legally while still a 'teen. - Hell yeah

- You talk about the weather with strangers and friends alike. - doesn't everyone?

- You know what Molson's Canadian 'The Rant' is and actually thought it was somewhat true. - I thought it was 100% true

- You can do the hand actions to Sharon, Lois and Bram's "Skin-a-marinki-dinki-do".

- You know that a "Premier" isn't a baby born a few months early.

- You know what a poutine is and how to make it.

- You season your food with beer instead of wine most of the time.

- You carry empty beer cans from your camping trips home with you in your backpack so you can recycle them when you reach civilization.

- Someone accidently stepped on your foot. You apologized.

- You can complete the phrase: "The good old ____ game is the best ____ you can ____." I LOVE THAT SONG

- You cried when you heard that "Mr Dress Up" died - yup

- You know that when it's 30 degrees outside, it's a very warm day. - i can't remember the last time it was that hot

- You know its really called a bathroom not a lavatory or powder room or restroom.

- You have memorized the Heritage Foundation's Heritage Moments, including your favourites, "Burnt Toast!", and "Kanata".

- You cheered for the worst person on Canadian Idol, just because they were from Newfoundland

- If you go to tourist shops in your own province to proudly purchase and wear souvinairs without thinking twice about the fact that your not a tourist.

- everytime you meet a mainlander you want to screech them in!

- You know that "squish" doesn't necessarily mean "to squeeze". It could just mean "not straight".
Back to top Go down
bluejays2007
bluejays2007

Male

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're From Newfoundland When   You Know You're From Newfoundland When Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct - 15:35

"the good ole hockey game, is the best game you can name."
Back to top Go down
Patsox
Yogurt <<<<< Yougurt
Yogurt

Male

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're From Newfoundland When   You Know You're From Newfoundland When Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct - 15:37

Yes!! I love that song sooo much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Know You're From Newfoundland When   You Know You're From Newfoundland When Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Know You're From Newfoundland When
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yankee Baseball :: Other :: Jokes-
Jump to: